Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad
This recipe was voted a keeper by the whole family the first time I served it years ago. I like to put the beans and seasoning together in the morning, or even the day before, then add the blue cheese right before serving this salad.—Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to
- coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.