Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
This recipe was voted a keeper by the whole family the first time I served it years ago. I like to put the beans and seasoning together in the morning, or even the day before, then add the blue cheese right before serving this salad.—Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC