This recipe was voted a keeper by the whole family the first time I served it years ago. I like to put the beans and seasoning together in the morning, or even the day before, then add the blue cheese right before serving this salad.—Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad in Reminisce September/October 2005, p 49
Reviews for Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2010
"I'm on the fence on whether I would make it again. It's one of those recipes that are interesting and different enough to hold my attention but also makes me question how much I like it...I shall see how I feel with the leftovers :)"