Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
This recipe was voted a keeper by the whole family the first time I served it years ago. I like to put the beans and seasoning together in the morning, or even the day before, then add the blue cheese right before serving this salad.Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad in Reminisce September/October 2005, p 49
Reviews for Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2010
I'm on the fence on whether I would make it again. It's one of those recipes that are interesting and different enough to hold my attention but also makes me question how much I like it...I shall see how I feel with the leftovers :)