Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, water and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.