Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad Recipe
This crispy salad from Pat Walter of Pine Island, Minnesota is a snap to make with convenient frozen green beans and peas. Diced pimientos add a dash of color, and the sweet-sour dressing adds flavor to this appealing toss.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, water and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC