Green Bean 'n' Corn Bake Recipe
I serve this side dish for many occasions and holidays—it’s a must for Thanksgiving—because it goes well with many entrees. The creamy casserole includes green beans, corn, pimientos and cheddar cheese with a buttery cracker topping. If your family is like mine, there won’t be any left!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 245 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,105 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC