Green Bean & Balsamic Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-3/4 cups cubed English cucumber
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber and beans. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 161 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 fat.
Reviews for Green Bean & Balsamic Salad
"Really, really good. I used steamed beans from the frozen section. I would cook the beans a little longer if you like them more tender."
"have made something similar to this for years and this turned out well, especially the dressing. however, I would cook the beans a minute or so longer to add a little more tender to the crisp."
"I've made this twice in the last week! Great way to use fresh veggies from the garden, and everybody loved it!"
"This has a great tangy flavor! Lil Man declared OMGoodness at his first bite. I think next time I'll add some small cubes of fresh mozzarella for a little something extra."