Green Bean & Balsamic Salad
Fresh and crisp, this summery salad just begs to be taken to picnics and potlucks. Tossed with vinaigrette, it’s a smart side dish for outdoor meals. —Amanda Smith, Lexington, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-3/4 cups cubed English cucumber
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber and beans. In a small
- bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 161 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.