Green Apple Spinach Salad
Don’t fret over unexpected company. Here’s a refreshing salad that’s ready in 20 minutes. “It’s healthy...and so good,” says Rae Sorensen of Granby, Quebec. “I make sure to have all the ingredients on hand.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apples and raisins. In a
- small bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic salt and celery
- salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.