Green and Red Tomato Salad
Don't turn up your nose at green tomatoes. In this clever recipe, red and green tomatoes are topped with a savory oil and vinegar dressing.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium red tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium green tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon
- juice, garlic, cumin and pepper; shake well. Refrigerate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and basil. About
- 30 minutes before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 63 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.