Green 'n' Red Potato Salad Recipe
FROM the first time I made it, this has been my favorite recipe for fresh green beans. I serve it as a main vegetable with any kind of meat, fish or chicken. It is a wonderful salad for a picnic and is a good side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs or barbecue.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- MUSTARD DILL DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place beans in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes and beans; place in a bowl. Add the olives, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC