Green 'n' Red Potato Salad
FROM the first time I made it, this has been my favorite recipe for fresh green beans. I serve it as a main vegetable with any kind of meat, fish or chicken. It is a wonderful salad for a picnic and is a good side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs or barbecue.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- MUSTARD DILL DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place beans in another saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
- Drain potatoes and beans; place in a bowl. Add the olives, salt and
- pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad
- and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.