Green 'n' Gold Veggies Recipe
Serve the fast fillets alongside Green 'n' Gold Veggies shared by Opal Sanders of Glouster, Ohio. The buttery skillet side dish features beans, corn and green onions and works well with nearly any main course. "I use canned corn and green beans when I'm really in a hurry," says Opal. Fresh corn is nice when it's available, too. Regardless, the results are always well received at get-togethers."
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the corn, salt, sugar, celery salt and paprika. Drain beans; add to corn mixture. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 177 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Green 'n' Gold Veggies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC