Serve the fast fillets alongside Green 'n' Gold Veggies shared by Opal Sanders of Glouster, Ohio. The buttery skillet side dish features beans, corn and green onions and works well with nearly any main course. "I use canned corn and green beans when I'm really in a hurry," says Opal. Fresh corn is nice when it's available, too. Regardless, the results are always well received at get-togethers."
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the corn, salt, sugar, celery salt and paprika. Drain beans; add to corn mixture. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green 'N' Gold Veggies in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p14
Reviews for Green 'n' Gold Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2013
"This got "two thumbs up" from my family. Quick, easy, & tasty."