Green 'n' Gold Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Romano cheese, three eggs and remaining crumbs. Spread over the baked crumbs. Beat remaining eggs; pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Green 'n' Gold Egg Bake(17)
Sort By :
I'm sorry, but even with some hot pepper in this dish it was pretty tasteless. I won't be making this one again.
I added some sausage and cut back on cottage cheese and only used 1 12 oz. spinach. I did use paper towel to dry spinach . Cook additional 10 min.
Delish! I did add Italian turkey sausage, hot sauce & used southwestern egg substitute. The dish had lots of flavor!!! The mini muffin tin seemed a bit small, will try using regular size muffin tin next time. I give it 4 stars and will definitely make again<
Good but a bit bland, will add onion, try hot sauce and more cheese next time. Nice veggie side dish.
@jwatsv 30 january...don't give up just yet. Try cooked sausage, bacon or ham cubes next time. Hot sauce added to eggs was the key for me. Also added some Accent seasoning to the egss that went on top. If this is not for you maybe others will find this helpful.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >