You'll need just five ingredients to assemble this pretty casserole. The firm squares have a delicious spinach flavor that's welcome at breakfast or dinner. —Muriel Paceleo, Montgomery, New York
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, Romano cheese, three eggs and remaining crumbs. Spread over the baked crumbs. Beat remaining eggs; pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Green 'n' Gold Egg Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p12
Reviews for Green 'n' Gold Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review