- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, Romano cheese, three eggs and remaining crumbs. Spread over the baked crumbs. Beat remaining eggs; pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Green 'n' Gold Egg Bake
Sort By :
"I made this with sharp cheddar in place of the Romano cheese, and we liked it. I did add a handful of diced onion, but we felt it really wasn't needed. My one beef is that there was no way this would fit in one 8x8" pan! We ended up preparing an extra one and baking both for 30 minutes. This is a good but easy basic recipe you can do a lot with, according to your preferences. I'll be making it again, for sure."
"I'm sorry, but even with some hot pepper in this dish it was pretty tasteless. I won't be making this one again."
"I added some sausage and cut back on cottage cheese and only used 1 12 oz. spinach. I did use paper towel to dry spinach . Cook additional 10 min."
"Delish! I did add Italian turkey sausage, hot sauce & used southwestern egg substitute. The dish had lots of flavor!!! The mini muffin tin seemed a bit small, will try using regular size muffin tin next time. I give it 4 stars and will definitely make again<"
"Good but a bit bland, will add onion, try hot sauce and more cheese next time. Nice veggie side dish."