Looking to highlight your meal with something light, indulgent and golden on top? Turn to this Greek-style egg bake. —Gabriela Stefanescu, Webster, Texas
Featured In: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini, half of the onions and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Return previously cooked vegetables to pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended; whisk in yogurt and flour just until blended. Stir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Greek Zucchini & Feta Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Greek Zucchini & Feta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review