Greek Veggie Tartlets
This recipe started out as a salad, which I re-created after a trip to Greece. When my husband suggested I serve the mixture in phyllo cups, it became my most-requested appetizer!—Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
45 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup each finely chopped red onion, seeded peeled cucumber and seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Greek olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, olives and vinaigrette.
- Spoon into tart shells, about 1 tablespoon in each. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Yield: 45 tartlets.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer