Greek Veggie Salad Recipe
Cucumbers, feta cheese and anchovies make this colorful salad popular. The homemade dressing offers a touch of garlic and herbs that help pull all of the flavors together. —Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida.
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 12 pitted Greek olives
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumbers and onions. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with the cheese, olives and anchovies. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Greek Veggie Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC