Cucumbers, feta cheese and anchovies make this colorful salad popular. The homemade dressing offers a touch of garlic and herbs that help pull all of the flavors together. —Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida.
Featured In: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 12 pitted Greek olives
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumbers and onions. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with the cheese, olives and anchovies. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Greek Veggie Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p39
Reviews for Greek Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review