Greek Vegetable Salad
From Rena Kilaniotou of Belleville, New Jersey, this salad is great to serve right away or let the flavors blend overnight for added taste. Either way, these crunchy veggies with an easy homemade dressing are delicious!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper,
- onions, olives and feta cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,
- combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 259 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.