Greek Vegetable Bake
"My mom got the recipe for this zucchini and green bean casserole from an authentic Greek cook years ago. The ingredients originally included olive oil, but we omitted it...and it tastes even better!" writes Angela Berry, Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of
- beans, zucchini, carrots, potato, onion and celery. Top with half of
- tomato sauce. Combine the seasonings and sprinkle half over tomato
- sauce. Repeat layers (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350°
- for 70-80 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,