- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 pound cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 2 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, halved
- 2 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the turkey. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto each pita; top with tomato, onion, olives, pepperoncini, lettuce and feta cheese. Fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Turkey Pitas in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p31
Reviews for Greek Turkey Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"We love to have these during the summer months when it is just too hot to cook."