Greek Turkey Pitas Recipe
“We like to fix these generous sandwiches whenever we have leftover turkey in the house,” Jean Graf-Joyce writes from Albany, Oregon. “They’re easy to make and a perfect choice for a light meal on the deck or patio.”
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 pound cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 2 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, halved
- 2 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the turkey. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto each pita; top with tomato, onion, olives, pepperoncini, lettuce and feta cheese. Fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Turkey Pitas in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p31
Reviews for Greek Turkey Pitas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
We love to have these during the summer months when it is just too hot to cook.