Greek Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.