Greek Turkey Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Enjoy the bold Greek flavors in these easy and healthful turkey burgers. The yogurt topping is delicious with grilled fish, too.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- McCormick® Ground Cumin
- McCormick® Sea Salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- Additional McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Leaf lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta, oregano, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. In bowl, season yogurt to taste with cumin, sea salt and additional pepper. Serve burgers on buns. Top each burger with yogurt mixture. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and cucumber if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC