- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- McCormick® Ground Cumin
- McCormick® Sea Salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- Additional McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Leaf lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta, oregano, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into four patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
- In bowl, season yogurt to taste with cumin, sea salt and additional pepper. Serve burgers on buns. Top each burger with yogurt mixture. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and cucumber if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek Turkey Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Sort By :
"I rate these about a 4.5. My main reason being that I was looking for more of a Greek inspired turkey burger and the sauce had strong Indian food flavored component. I used all of the condiments suggested and served on a whole wheat bun. I broiled, in my broiler, about 7 minutes on each side give or take a minute. I used a foil lined sheet and greased with the olive oil in the recipe including spritzing the tops. The burgers were a bit herby, but I sprinkled with a little garlic salt and it helped the flavor. ty"