Enjoy the bold Greek flavors in these easy and healthful turkey burgers. The yogurt topping is delicious with grilled fish, too.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- McCormick® Ground Cumin
- McCormick® Sea Salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- Additional McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Leaf lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta, oregano, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into four patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
- In bowl, season yogurt to taste with cumin, sea salt and additional pepper. Serve burgers on buns. Top each burger with yogurt mixture. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and cucumber if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Turkey Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Sauce in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek Turkey Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review