A bold homemade dressing gives this pasta salad a burst of flavor. Watch it disappear from your buffet table. —Sue Braunschweig, Delafield, Wisconsin
- 16 to 18 ounces refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint flakes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, peppers, onion and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mint, lemon juice, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and pepper flakes; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Greek Tortellini Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p212
Reviews for Greek Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2013
"I love making this recipe. For the dressing I use kraft greek and feta salad dressing cause I usually have it in the fridge and it always is a huge hit."