"This recipe is quick and easy, and especially good if you use homegrown tomatoes," says Marilyn Morel of Keene, New Hampshire. "I like to serve this savory side at family barbecues or on camping trips. The tomatoes are delicious with grilled steak and roasted corn on the cob.
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and seprated into rings
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arrange tomato and onion slices on a plate. Sprinkle with the feta cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Tomatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p59
Reviews for Greek Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 23, 2012
"super easy to put together & tastes good"
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2011
"This tastes like we've traveled to Greece! We have this more than weekly when the fresh garden tomatoes are ripe."
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2008
"Sounds simple and delicious."