Greek Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 medium pitted whole ripe olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add red onion and green pepper; toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Greek Tomato Salad
"This is a family favorite and one requested at church summer picnics. My children fight over the dressing when the vegetables have all been eaten."
"Simple and tasty! Worth it."
"True Classic Greek Salad!!!"