Greek Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 medium pitted whole ripe olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add red onion and green pepper; toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.