Greek Tilapia Recipe
- 6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown fish in butter in batches. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, milk and cayenne; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with tomato, olives and pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice and pepper; drizzle over fish. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Greek Tilapia
"Very tasty! The only changes I made were sliced olives instead of chopped, and omitted pine nuts simply because I didn't have them on hand. Easy recipe."
"So yummy! My family loved it!"
"Wonderful combination of flavors. Even my son loved this"
"Takes a little more work than other tilapia recipes but well worth it!"
"Outstanding flavor, easy to make, everyone loved it!"
"don't usually cook fish---think this will change my mind!!!!!!!!!"
"I'm typically not a huge fan of fish, but this dish was very tasty. Both my husband and my son really enjoyed it and gave it a "thumbs up" which is our family rating system to make again."
"Omitted pine nuts, because many people have severe reactions to them...their throat swells and breathing becomes difficult within minutes, so I never use them. Sunflower seed or slivered almonds are a better choice."
"Since I don't like ripe olives:( I omitted them, but kept the rest of the recipe intact. YUM!!"
"I made this and everybody loved it. Great recipe!"
"This is a new favorite in our house! Everyone loved it. We will be making this a lot!!"
"First saw this recipe in Taste of Home print edition. Made it and loved it! It's so easy and full of flavor. Even my husband went back for seconds! I used toasted almonds instead of pine nuts. Have made it twice already and added it to my favorites. Also a great recipe for those on the South Beach Diet."
"The egg and pine nuts made threw me off. If I make it again, I'll omit them and add more feta."
"Good flavor... unlike anything I've ever made before but my hubby really liked it:) I made some red potatoes with olive oil and Mediterranean seasoning as a side."
"This was so easy, so quick, and so good. Whole family loved it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.