Greek Tilapia Recipe
- 6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown fish in butter in batches. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, milk and cayenne; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with tomato, olives and pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice and pepper; drizzle over fish. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.