Greek Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 2. Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion. Yield: 12 servings..
1 taco (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-fat feta cheese) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Greek Tacos
"Excellent! I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes and flour tortillas as that's what I had on hand. Already looking forward to making them again!"
"These were DELICIOUS!! I may never do Mexican tacos again!!"
"Our whole family loved these...they will probably be our new standard taco recipe!"
"These weren't bad, but I probably won't make them again. It could have used more seasoning. I think I will stick to regular tacos."
"Absolutely one of my favorite recipes. I highly recomment them. You will NOT be disappointed."
"This is one of the best taco recipes ever! I used veggie crumbles the first time I made it and it was one of the best recipes I've ever tried."
"ever since I tried this recipe it was a hit with my family.I since made it for my sister and brother in-law they also enjoyed it and request it often its just hard to find a nice side dish to go with it help please"
"Excellent recipe, but I did it in a flour tortilla."
"This is a delicious way to make tacos, my husband and I both loved this recipe, I will be making Greek Tacos regularly!"
"OK, this could be really good with ground lamb, too.....Added to the list! :)"
"This has become a family favorite. We make it about once a month."
"my 9 year old finiky eater said "can you make these every week?" great hit at our house."
"Very easy to prepare and we all loved it. I provided both the taco shells and pita shells to meet everyon'es preferences. This served our family of 4 with no leftovers."
"The magazine editors also suggested using extra-lean ground turkey breast instead of the ground beef for an even lighter version."
"Loved this one. Used Italian seasoning and worked well. Will make again...."