Greek Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 2. Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion. Yield: 12 servings..
1 taco (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-fat feta cheese) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.