Alice Bower's hearty Greek-Style Supper is an all-in-one meal that’s sure to become a favorite. The Roanoke, Illinois coook adds a pinch of cinnamon to make the dish shine, and feta cheese offers just the right flavor. Better still, there’s minimal prep work and clean up should be just as easy! With 6 grams of fiber per serving, it’ll fill you up on a busy night.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Supper in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p20
Reviews for Greek-Style Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review