Greek-Style Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek-Style Supper
Sort By :
This is delicious - and very quick to make!! the cinnamon adds a wonderful, surprising touch!
Really like the flavor combination--the feta and cinnamon are great!
I really enjoyed this recipe. It is very different than what we normally cook, but we loved it. The cinnamon was great. We used fresh green beans, and with the feta it made a great dish.
I made this meal and was very disappointed, it had no flavor. Skip the cinnamon