- 2 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, olives and onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17x18 in.). Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Greek-Style Squash
"Great flavor! Easy to make. I also baked in a covered dish along side the main course."
"Fantastic recipe! We substituted feta for the parmesan; it felt more Greek. Made it in the oven and it was delicious---definitely a keeper!!! Thanks!"
"Made this over the weekend. I did it in the oven and it turned great!. I covred it with foil and baked it for about 20/25 mintus @ 350. I also added some mozarella cheese."
"The amount of time suggested was way too long. The vegetables ended up very mushy and rather bland. I may try again and cook in the microwave as others have suggested or on the grill or 20 - 25 minutes."
"I received this recipe via Facebook earlier today and had to try it out tonight. I used halved cherry tomatoes because I thought they'd hold up a little better during cooking. I could have grilled them 25 minutes and they would have been perfect. Tasty, easy, high on flavor and low on calories and carbs. I will definitely make this again. This would be a great side dish for those who are diabetic or who are counting calories."