What a great way to use up all that summer squash! You can almost taste the sunshine in this quick, colorful vegetable dish and the foil packets make for carefree cleanup. —Betty Washburn, Reno, Nevada
- 2 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, olives and onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17x18 in.). Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Squash in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p42
Reviews for Greek-Style Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review