Greek-Style Squash Recipe
- 2 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, olives and onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 18 in.). Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Greek-Style Squash(4)
Sort By :
I received this recipe via Facebook earlier today and had to try it out tonight. I used halved cherry tomatoes because I thought they'd hold up a little better during cooking. I could have grilled them 25 minutes and they would have been perfect. Tasty, easy, high on flavor and low on calories and carbs. I will definitely make this again. This would be a great side dish for those who are diabetic or who are counting calories.
I loved this, but my preferred method of cooking was in the microwave, and then sprinkling shredded parmesan cheese on top. I also used large slices/chunks of squash, rather than the thin slices because I don't like mushy veggies. They were a little mushy/soft from grilling, but cooked in the microwave, they were PERFECT!
I made a large batch of this; cooked one batch on the grill as the recipe calls for - the squash was quite soft and over done but still quite tasty! The second batch I microwaved on my "fresh vegetable" setting and then topped with shredded parmesan cheese - OUTSTANDING!!! The veggies were perfect - tender but not mushy in the least and the flavor was fantastic.
This is one of my favorite go-to vegetable recipes. Everyone loves it. I put the packet on the grill or in the oven. Try substituting some crumbled Feta cheese for the Parmesan and use Kalamata olives -- it's great!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >