Greek-Style Ribeye Steaks Recipe
Because our children are grown, I often cook for just my husband and me. When I want to serve something special, this is the entree I usually reach for. Seasonings, black olives and feta cheese give steak great flavor. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub onto both sides of steaks. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with lemon juice, cheese and olives. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC