Greek-Style Pizza Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14-inch x 9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Transfer to a small bowl; add oil and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Add spinach; saute until wilted. Add the lemon juice, basil and oregano; set aside.
- 2. Brush a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with reserved butter mixture. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish; brush lightly with butter mixture. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers with remaining phyllo, brushing each layer.
- 3. Top with the spinach mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Coat both sides of tomato slices with bread crumbs; arrange over top. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer