I love celebrating my Greek heritage with this super simple and scrumptious Sunday dinner. Prep time is a breeze and the ingredient list is relatively short for such a flavorful one-dish meal. Each time I make this I'm transported back to my ya-ya, who gave me the special honor of squeezing the lemons! —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into eight wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken in Physician's Mutual - Recipe Contest 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review