Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into eight wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Sort By :
"I forgot to add the lemon juice, & it was still very tasty! I put 13 thighs in a 9 X 13 pan with 1/2 of the skin cut off (less fat but still gives moisture to chicken). I mixed the oil, garlic, & seasonings plus a few tablespoons of water & poured it over the chicken. Baked 65 minutes, uncovered, at 410 degrees. Perfectly golden & generated tons of liquid (without adding broth)."
"Growing up in Greece,this was a dish that my mother made on Sundays and it was every ones favorite.I've been living in the States since 1978and my 2 kids are all grown up with families of their own.I have made this dish countless times throughout their childhood and it is still one of their favorite ??Lemonato,,, is the Greek name of the dish."
"SingerRinger, you are on the right track. Also, low fat broth. I suggest you try this recipe on a day when you are using your exercise or extra points to diminish the damage."
"This is a very pretty entre'. But I had a ton of broth in the dish when it finished baking. Is this how it's supposed to be?"
"This is for SingerRinger, I would use fat free chicken broth that might help."