- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into eight wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Sort By :
"I used boneless skinless chicken breasts & replaced chicken broth with low sodium cream of chicken soup & it was outrageously delicious!! The sauce was so good I couldn't stop eating it!"
"This is my teenage son's favorite dish! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds, instead of thighs. I usually add an extra clove or two of fresh garlic, as well. It smells, looks, and tastes wonderful! It's very simple to make., but feels like a "special occasion" dish."
"I did not find this dish to be very flavorful, and the chicken does not get well-done enough with the cooking time given. Chicken should fall off the bone, IMO."
"very easy and delicious. definitely a remake"
"I only made the chicken (boneless, skinless) , no olives or potatoes. I also omitted the broth and added extra lemon juice cuz the sauce was a little salty (next time I will decrease the salt). I cooked the chicken at 400 for 30 mins. Very yummy!"