- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into eight wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
"Very tasty dish. The sauce is excellent. Prepared according to recipe, and thought cook time was appropriate. We like chicken tender and cooked through, not mushy, so this one is a keeper."
"Really wonderful dish (and so easy to make!) I have made several different versions of Greek Lemon Chicken, and this is my new fave. I used chicken thighs and doubled the sauce - it came out so tender and juicy, my husband just devoured it!"
"I used boneless skinless chicken breasts & replaced chicken broth with low sodium cream of chicken soup & it was outrageously delicious!! The sauce was so good I couldn't stop eating it!"
"This is my teenage son's favorite dish! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds, instead of thighs. I usually add an extra clove or two of fresh garlic, as well. It smells, looks, and tastes wonderful! It's very simple to make., but feels like a "special occasion" dish."
"I did not find this dish to be very flavorful, and the chicken does not get well-done enough with the cooking time given. Chicken should fall off the bone, IMO."