- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cut into eighths
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add the beans; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper; cool 1 minute longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Green Beans in Reminisce July/August 2005, p49
Reviews for Greek-Style Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016
"Nice, simple recipe. I added croutons to the top. Thanks."
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2013
"Quick, easy and delicious!"