- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing lightly. Refrigerate chicken for 10 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek-Style Chicken Skewers
"I have never used yogurt as a marinade, these have a nice lemony flavor, very good!"
"Excellent! Enjoying on salads too."
"I really like how the yogurt and lemon tenderizes the chicken. Super tender! Enjoyed this with an orzo salad, full of greek olives, feta cheese, etc."
"A little bland as some others are saying but with some tzatziki they turned out ok."
"A little bland for our liking but it was simple and we enjoyed it dipped in some ranch for an extra kick of flavor!"
"These were delicious and easy to make. My very picky 13 year old ate the whole thing. This recipe is a keeper!"
"We did not enjoy this recipe at all. The lemon flavor was too strong and other than the lemon it was very bland."