Greek-Style Beef Supper
An all-in-one meal like this is great for busy weeknights. I add a pinch of cinnamon to make the dish shine. There's minimal prep work and cleanup is just as easy!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and
- tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste,
- oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with
- feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 294 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber,