- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek-Style Beef Supper
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe. I had to improvise on a couple things just because of what I had on hand, but it turned out so good! Will definitely make this again--it's hard to find a healthy ground beef recipe and I'm dieting :)"