Greek-Style Beef Supper Recipe
An all-in-one meal like this is great for busy weeknights. I add a pinch of cinnamon to make the dish shine. There's minimal prep work and cleanup is just as easy!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Supper in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek-Style Beef Supper(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >