An all-in-one meal like this is great for busy weeknights. I add a pinch of cinnamon to make the dish shine. There's minimal prep work and cleanup is just as easy!
Featured In: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Style Supper in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p16
Reviews for Greek-Style Beef Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2015
"Loved this recipe. I had to improvise on a couple things just because of what I had on hand, but it turned out so good! Will definitely make this again--it's hard to find a healthy ground beef recipe and I'm dieting :)"