Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pepper flakes in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast by slicing horizontally almost to the bone. Fill each pocket with 1/4 cup spinach mixture. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining oil; brush over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove skin before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 248 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts