- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pepper flakes in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast by slicing horizontally almost to the bone. Fill each pocket with 1/4 cup spinach mixture. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining oil; brush over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove skin before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Light & Tasty October 2005, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2008