Greek Spice Cake Recipe
This wonderful recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. My dad and husband always request it for their birthday cake. When you bake it, the aroma of cinnamon and clove fill the kitchen. —Heather Abel, Hale Center, Texas
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease 10-in. fluted tube pan with shortening; lightly coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, buttermilk, eggs and extracts until well blended. Combine the remaining flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda; gradually beat into the sugar mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 504 calories, 29 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Spice Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC