Greek Spaghetti with Chicken Recipe
A comforting dinner is sure to be had when Melanie Dalbec's casserole is on the menu. Featuring chicken, spinach and two types of cheese, Greek Spaghetti is a crowd pleaser at her home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to saucepan. Stir in the chicken, spinach, soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion, green pepper, pimientos and lemon-pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Top with Monterey Jack cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 601 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC