Greek Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives; cook until spinach is wilted.
- 3. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash; sprinkle with feta cheese. (Save remaining squash for another use.) Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups: 369 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Greek Spaghetti Squash
"very tasty my daughter's favorite way to eat spaghetti squash."
"This was a very good blend of flavors. Also, easy to make!"