Greek Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place romaine on roll bottoms; top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Greek Sloppy Joes(9)
Sort By :
Not a keeper. Tasted like spaghetti with meat sauce on a bun, so the feta did very little to the overall taste.
This was great. It was a bit too much tomato sauce. I added more garlic and pepper. Very tasty. Very easy!
I used ground lamb instead, greek oregano and grilled pita. Great recipe !
Pretty good. I used a pre-made (homemade) pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce and oregano, which made it even simpler, if that were possible. The feta is a nice touch.
So deliciously simple. I also added about a tablespoon of Worcester sauce. This will definitely be making it back to my dinner table.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >