- Rinse eggplant and drain well. Sprinkle with flour and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, cook eggplant in oil over medium heat until browned
- and oil is absorbed. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, cook lamb and turkey over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, onion, parsley and
- seasonings. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour over
- eggplant; sprinkle with feta cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over the
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until top begins to
- brown. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 736 calories, 39 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,302 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.