Greek Seafood Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) chunk tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the tuna. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, feta cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Pour over salad; do not toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss just before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Greek Seafood Salad
"I didn't really care for this recipe which seems pretty odd because I like all of the ingredients, just not the combination. However, I also need to add that it was a mixed review at my house because my niece really liked it and is taking leftovers in her lunch tomorrow."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.