Greek Seafood Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) chunk tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the tuna. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, feta cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Pour over salad; do not toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss just before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Seafood Salad
"I didn't really care for this recipe which seems pretty odd because I like all of the ingredients, just not the combination. However, I also need to add that it was a mixed review at my house because my niece really liked it and is taking leftovers in her lunch tomorrow."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.