I nicknamed my sandwich “Thor's Pita” because it's lightening fast and robust. The ingredient amounts don't really matter. Use more or less depending on what you have. —Teresa Aleksandrov, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links or other sausage links of your choice, casings removed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap pita breads in foil; warm in oven while preparing toppings.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, green onions, parsley, lemon juice and garlic. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- To assemble, spoon sausage over pitas. Top with cucumber, tomato and yogurt mixture; sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Sausage Pitas in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Greek Sausage Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2016
"This is a very easy and quick way to create a meal with some Greek flair. I added some Greek seasoning to the yogurt, which was good, too. I'll make this again!"