- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links or other sausage links of your choice, casings removed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap pita breads in foil; warm in oven while preparing toppings.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, green onions, parsley, lemon juice and garlic. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- To assemble, spoon sausage over pitas. Top with cucumber, tomato and yogurt mixture; sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Sausage Pitas in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Greek Sausage Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2016
"This is a very easy and quick way to create a meal with some Greek flair. I added some Greek seasoning to the yogurt, which was good, too. I'll make this again!"