Greek Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat pita breads
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and garlic; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion and olives. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 3. Cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining Greek seasoning. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2-3/4 cups salsa and 40 pita chips.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer